Ever wondered the complexity one might go through after wearing headphones that are not good for workouts? Yes, you got that right.
Complications strike in ears that lead to more troublesome time during rigorous workouts and recreational activities (like swimming, jogging, running, and more).
When we asked these special ones about their experience in using headphones while workouts, they come up with different notions, explanations, and ways to express their experiences.
According to some, the best Bluetooth workout headphones are those that contain particular features including resistance to absorb sweat, able to handle jerks and fast movements, Bluetooth wireless connectivity and decent quality of sound etc.
Moreover, the headset must also be able to elevate fun aspect in terms of catching up with podcasts, calls, and radio. In addition, they are secure as well as comforting fit. Otherwise, they are classified under below average headphones for workouts.
In such cases, we recommend using proper and especial headphones that are meant for workouts and activities.
Since it is not possible for anyone to read lots of articles and do the complete research to find the best workout headphones, we have done the favor.
Yes, we have done our complete survey, study, and research by investing several days into making the compatible list of 20 best headphones that stand out among the rest. Then, we further shortened the list into ten to see if they have features, which are a must. We invested more than 80 hours in listing and short-listing products. That way, we can suggest you to buy one of these for the perfect recreational fun while listening to music, podcast, radio, or whatever you want.
Therefore, if you want to pick the right one for the workout sessions then you have to be extra careful. In this regard, you have to be sure about reviews from the customers who used particular headphones, must know about their features, and also about the sound quality and performance as a whole.
Top 10 Product Reviews – Best Workout Headphones in 2021
Following are some of the best yet top and most readily available headphones for workouts. They possess everything that a pro musician would like to use while delving in rigorous workout, deep water swimming, or anything like hiking and trekking. Let’s delve in and find out details of best wireless headphones for working out.
Top 10 Best Headphones For Workout List
Bose SoundSport headphones are wireless headphones that free you from the shackles of wired headphones while also giving you high-quality sound.
The great thing about Bose SoundSport wireless headphones is that they’ll never get lost.
Well, let’s figure it out with the help of features that are mentioned below:
- Well, Bose teamed up with Tile (a world-acclaimed lost and found community) to provide its users the convenience of finding their headphones even if they go missing.
- All you need to do is update your headphones’ software to add the integrated Tile software through the Bose Connect app. After which you’ll need to download the Tile app and follow the given instructions to activate your headphones. This helpful feature will save you from the frustration of finding your missing headphones before a walk or exercise.
- These cord-less headphones deliveries what they promise i.e. convenience and quality.
- Sweat resistant to the core
- Convenient to use because of Bluetooth
- NFC and Bluetooth pairing through voice commands
- Comfortable and easy ro use
- Remain in place even during rigorous exercise
- Amazing sound quality
- Battery life tends to deteriorate after a while
- They’re a bit expensive
These headphones are great for workouts and provide flexibility because of the absence of wires. And these won’t malfunction even if you sweat a lot because of the sweat resistance.
You should definitely buy them if budget is not a big problem and you don’t require a long battery life.
According to the buyers and users of this product, it is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars because of all the pros and qualities mentioned in the description.
Jabra Elite Active 65t, are one of the best cordless headphones in the market. These headphones live up to their advertisements by providing quality sound and comfort.
Elite Active 65T by Jabra are amazing headphones, especially in the cord-less category.
- A great feature of these headphones is that they automatically synchronize, turn off and initiate charging after being placed into their charging case.
- The earbuds allow you to hear the surrounding sound without the need to take them off every time you need to talk to someone.
- You don’t need to be anxious about losing your earbuds while jumping or running because they fit perfectly into your ears and don’t budge even slightly.
- No one will even notice you wearing these because unlike Apple’s Air Pods, the earbuds do not have any extension sticking out of your ears. These headphones have received numerous positive responses from many people including fitness enthusiasts.
- Great sound quality that makes this headphone best among the rest
- Comfortability and flexibility are higher
- Sweat resistance is also found
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- A bit expensive than other workout headphones
Jabra Elite Active 65t is among the best wireless headphones available in the market. You should definitely give them a try if money is not much of a problem. Users have rated these headphones 3.5 out of 5 making them a trustable purchase.
Bose SoundSport Free headphones give you exactly what their name implies i.e. freedom.
Gone are the days when you got frustrated untangling the wires of your headphones.
These headphones let you enjoy high-quality music while exercising.
- These headphones are specially designed for workouts.
- Their unique design was carefully engineered to fit perfectly in one’s ears while also being comfortable.
- The earbuds don’t put much strain on one’s ears.
- Bose has a feature that enables its users to find their lost earbuds with much ease saving them the discomfort of searching for them.
- A dual microphone array is integrated into the right earbud enabling the user to take calls (if connected to a smartphone). The call can only be heard through the right earbud.
- These headphones have a 5-hour battery life which is enough for a workout session.
- Bose has been providing its customers with top quality gadgets and these headphones are no different when it comes to delivery what is being advertised.
- Offers flexibility and durability
- Don’t fall off during workouts
- Water and sweat repellent
- Great sound quality
- Only right earbud functions during calls
- Doesn’t eliminate surrounding noise
- Slightly expensive
Although these headphones provide flexibility and sound quality they are expensive. Moreover, if you mostly workout in noisy environments, you might not like them as they don’t eliminate much surrounding noise. Users have given a 3.7 out of 5 rating to these amazing headphones.
AfterShokz Trekz Air headphones function using the bone conduction technology i.e. they deliver sound through one’s cheekbones.
These open ear headphones make sure your ears are free and open to surrounding sounds.
You won’t need to take them off every time you bump into someone you know.
- The Bluetooth v4.2 connectivity lets you pair these headphones with your Android smartphones.
- On the other hand, if you’re an iPhone user, don’t worry; it can also connect to your IOS.
- These light headphones won’t put much strain on your head and definitely won’t hurt your ears after continuous use, unlike conventional headphones.
- These headphones are best for exercises as they fit perfectly and don’t nudge even during rigorous exercises.
- AfterShokz Trekz Air is among the best open ear headphones in the market. With a quality sound and perfect fit, these headphones prove to be a must-have for workouts and jogging.
- Although previous models of the AfterShokz were not promising in terms of sound quality, they have a come a long way since. These headphones provide quality sound and ease of use during workouts.
- Lightweight which increases its demand
- Can hear surrounding sound
- Don’t budge
- Can connect to both Android and iOS.
- Short battery life
- Low volume
- Comparatively less sound quality
You should buy these headphones only if you are not buying them to use in crowded places with much noise. Moreover, these headphones have a stellar rating of 4.3 out of 5, which means that you won’t be disappointed.
Monster is credited as the company that pioneered the first ever on-ear headphones specially designed to be used during workouts and jogs.
The first Monster on-ear sports headphones were launched in 2013 and they come a long way. It is also considered as one of the best Bluetooth workout headphones.
The latest Monster headphones, Monster iSport Freedom, are better and more convenient with better features, design, and technology.
- These headphones have a stellar battery life of 24-hour hours and a standby of up to 20 days.
- Moreover, they’ll only need about 3 hours to fully charge.
- Easy to use swipe controls on the right side of the headphones.
- Monster iSport Freedom on-ear headphones provide great sound quality and style. With a long battery life, you won’t need to worry about long workouts, these headphones will be with you, always.
- These headphones come with a year’s warranty.
- Good sound quality
- Anyone can use it because it is not technical to use
- Headband fits perfectly
- Convenient and durable
- Sweat accumulates in the ear cups
These headphones are expensive but offer good sound quality. I won’t recommend them for people that sweat too much. Moreover, these headphones have received a 3.5 out of 5 rating for its users.
The new Jaybird X4 is IPX7 water resistance, which can be a wonderful thing for people that sweat a lot. What’s more, you can use these headphones in all kinds of weather.
The headphones have an internal honeycomb structure that makes it super flexible and without any headband, you can easily place them inside your pocket.
- Jaybird X4 headphones are equipped with extra bass power making them excellent to be used during workout session by pumping the adrenaline in your body.
- Jaybird X4 has significantly improved in terms of features and design modifications since its predecessor, the Jaybird X3.
- These headphones offer an adequate battery timing of eight hours which can be more than enough for jogging or workout sessions.
- Moreover, they only need up to an hour to get completely charged.
- IPX7 water resistance
- Excellent sound with extra bass
- Comfortable with the feel of durability
- Portable and flexible
These headphones are perfect for fitness freaks that don’t care much about a bit of lag. Because they sound quality is really good, especially for workouts. Furthermore, the Jaybird app lets you customize the sound according to your requirements. Users have given these headphones a 4 out of 5 star rating which makes these headphones reasonably good.
Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth headphones are particularly designed to provide quality music to people during workouts whether it be jogging, gymnastics or weightlifting.
Materials used in these headphones not only make it lightweight and comfortable to wear but also flexible and resistant to different forms of damages making it quite durable.
- IP57 waterproofing technology makes it ideal for people that sweat a lot while exercising. This level of waterproofing means that the user can even listen to quality music during showers or swimming sessions.
- The unique design of the earbuds makes the headphones fit perfectly inside the users’ ears.
- The headphones also allow its users to listen to ambient sounds without much difficulty. Depending upon what you want, it can either be a good thing or bad.
- Waterproof material is used
- Durable and flexible
- Long battery life
- Reasonable cost
- Top workout headphones
- Audio bleeding
- Problematic volume controls
Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth headphones should be your choice especially if you are an avid swimmer who likes to listen to music while his/her swimming sessions. You can these headphones at a reasonable price. And an average user rating of 3.6 out of 5 proves that these headphones provide convenience and quality.
66 Audio BTS Pro headphones are listed among the most stylish and convenient wireless sports headphones.
You can connect them to your Android using Bluetooth, to your iPhone or any other device that allows Bluetooth technology.
- They are designed to be lightweight so that not much stress is put on your head or ears while performing rigorous feats be it running, jumping, weightlifting or any other exercise.
- These cordless headphones free you from the struggles of untangling knotted wire of conventional headphones.
- These headphones offer a breathtaking wireless range of 100 feet while other cordless headphones in the market can barely make it up to 35 feet.
- Offers 40 non-stop hours of quality music
- Memory foam pads make it comfortable to wear
- Easy accessibility of radio
- Quality audio
- Might cause heat if worn for too long
- Costly as compared to other workout headphones
If money is not a problem I would recommend trying these headphones. Users have given a 3.7 out of 5-star rating to these amazing headphones. These are not only meant to be used during rigorous exercises but can be used in a variety of situations, such as while strolling, while working, while lying on the bed, etc.
Plantronics BackBeat Fit 500 headphones are well-designed headphones that not only offer great sound but also comfort and convenience.
These headphones come in a variety of colors.
Let’s look at some interesting features of Plantronics BackBeat Fit 500.
- Integration of 40 mm drivers and high-end acoustic technology ensures that the users are getting the best sound experience. Moreover, the headphones provide audio balance with a deeper and richer audio experience.
- These headphones offer a stellar battery timing of 18 hours which means you can listen to music or talk without having to worry about the battery dying.
- And if you are not using them, the battery won’t die for up to 20 days.
- BackBeat Fit 500 offer on-ear controls for easy control. Moreover, it is comparatively easy to change or modify the settings of these headphones.
- The wireless headphones have a range of 10 meters.
- Lightweight and portable
- Reasonable price
- Water resistant
- Memory foam pads
- Tend to displace when head tilts
- Negligible noise isolation
These headphones are best for folks with a tight budget. These headphones offer lovely features at a reasonably low price. These headphones are normally liked as depicted by its 3.8 out of 5-star rating.
Vi Sense headphones are cordless headphones that track your fitness and steps using its biosensors.
Although the price seems too high, it is not that much considering a conventional training can cost you around $100 an hour.
Let’s look at the top features of Vi Sense headphones.
- These headphones come with a set of four earbuds, two sets of ear fins, and a USB cable used for charging.
- The earbuds are attached to a plastic neck-band which makes it convenient to use during tough exercises because it fits perfectly and is comfortable.
- The battery life of these headphones is 8 hours which is more than enough for various exercise sessions.
- These headphones come with a 90-day money-back guarantee so even if you buy these headphones and they don’t work out for you, you can just get your cash back.
- Moreover, they have a 1-year warranty.
- Fits perfectly on any size of the head
- Comfortable and flexible
- Tracks your every move
- Quality sound is there too
- Personalized coaching
If you are like me, you might need a bit of motivation during your morning walks or evening weight lifts. If that is the case, Vi Sense is your best bet at achieving the body of your dreams. But if you’re not in the mood for some coaching you also have the liberty to hush it up.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Workout Headphones in 2021?
Here are some of the most commonly and frequently asked questions related to workout headphones. Let’s see what are the answers in relation to quality and types of headphones.
Is it possible to work out while wearing headphones?
Everyone wants to stay focused and put attention while exercising, playing tennis, doing Zumba, weight-lifting, trekking, or anything related to workouts. For that, the best way is to use headphones and listen to music. However, the headphones you use while workouts must be robust to the extent that it doesn’t move an inch during heavy exercises in which a lot of movements are made. It is observed that earbuds are a lot better than headphones for the use in gym, swimming pool, and etc.
Are you sure that the workout headphones can be worn while working out?
While working out with headphones that are categorized under over-ear headphones, ears not only become hot but also sweaty. However, if you wear something that is more closed and similar to workout headphones then workouts and sports become easier and fun. It is because of the fact that they don’t sweat at all. These headphones can be customized according to the likes and dislikes. Therefore, there are all the reasons to use especially structured and manufactured headphones for workouts, sports, and outdoor activities.
Which are the best wireless headphones for working out, especially for jogging and running?
Listed below are some of the top workout headphones which are equally beneficial and amazing for jogging and running.
- Jabra Elite Sport
- Beats Powerbeats3
- Monster iSport Victory
- Monster iSport Freedom2
- Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
- Sennheiser CX Sport with Bluetooth
- Urbanears Stadion
- Aftershokz Trekz Air
Which are best sweat proof wireless headphones?
Enlisted below are basic sweat-free headphones which are considered best for extreme workouts.
- Jaybird RUN
- Bragi – Truly Wireless Earphones for Workouts
- Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats
- JBL Under Armour Headphones
- Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones
- Samsung SM-R140NZKAXAR Gear IconX
- Bose SoundSport Truly Free Wireless Headphones
- Sennheiser PMX 686i Sports Earbud
- Fitbit Flyer Wireless Headphones
Last Verdict – Conclusion
All in all, this article comprises of ten best workout headphones that ranges differently on pockets. Coming from various backgrounds in the form of company and manufactures, they have an array of pros and cons which give a clear picture of the quality of sounds and materials used in the making of these headphones. Besides that, the article is a total depiction of how guide that could be used by anyone – someone who is new in the field of buying headphones and listening music, a professional or an expert, and someone who is more of a performer. The real essence of the article was to educate and bring awareness to customers who are about to make the purchase. We hope that this article was useful in every sense.
What about your favorite Workout Headphones in the year 2021? Let us know your picks for the best workout headphones in the comments section below!