You might be wondering why your iPhone headphone safety is preventing you from listening to music. Have no fear, this blog post will walk you through the steps of turning off the safety so that you can listen to your favorite tunes again!
There are many reasons for having headphone safety turned on- some people might not want other people hearing what song they’re listening too or someone could have sensitive ears and need to turn it off if they’re in a noisy environment. Whatever the reason may be, there are steps below that show how to turn off headphone safety on an iPhone.
Please note that if the headphone set you are using does not have a microphone, it will be necessary to turn off the “Hearing Control” setting.
How to Turn Off Headphone Safety on iPhone – Step By Step
- The first step is opening up Settings then selecting General then Accessibility then Hearing (underneath where it says Interact with Your Phone).
- Once you select Hearing, scroll down until you see a section called ‘Hearing Controls’
- Located under the Hearing Controls section, there is a toggle next to “Hearing Control”
- Once you have located your toggle, simply slide it from green to white
- After sliding the toggle from green to white, you will be able to listen to music without having headphone safety on
If you head into settings and turn off headphones control but still can’t hear your music then go back into hearing controls and make sure that your volume is turned up! If everything appears to be in order and you’re still unable to hear your tunes- contact Apple support . They’ll hopefully resolve the issue for you. Good luck!
What is a Safe Volume for an iPhone
How much is too loud? Studies have shown that listening to music at a decibel level of 85 dB for 8 hours can cause hearing damage. The iPhone has an average volume of 97 dB, which means you could be damaging your hearing without even realizing it! To make sure you’re not overdoing it with the volume, try these tips:
- Lower the volume on your phone
- Listen to or watch something else besides audio
- Turn off some noise-cancelling headphones
- Plug in earbuds instead of listening through speakers
- Use a lower-volume setting on your media player app
- Keep the sound from getting louder by turning down the Equalizer
- Buy noise cancelling earphones
Feel free to share this post with friends or family if they’re having trouble listening to music on their iPhone. If there are any questions or concerns about headphone safety or anything else, feel free to email me at the address below!